Thursday, November 29, 2007

Repulican Youtube Debate

On Wednesday, November 28th, the Republican Party had a debate based on questions that everyday citizens posted on the website www.youtube.com. It was a different idea and turned out to be better than regular reporters asking questions to the speakers. There was far less mud slinging than the Democratic Debate. I enjoyed this debate more than the democratic one. I felt like the youtube format made it easier to follow along. I especially enjoyed the end of the debate when Rudy Giuliani bragged how the NY Yankees won 4 world series when he was mayor of New York. Mitt Romney replied that he was excited when the Boston Red Sox won after 83 years, though it was actually 86 years. The best line of the debate came from Mitt Romney when he said "All Americans love their sports teams and hate the Yankees."

Though it seems that there are tons of Republicans running, I thought that Rudy Giuliani was the most educated about every subject and had brains to be the next president. I guess this is no surprise, because he was the one that was chosen by an internet site that compared my beliefs to the candidates. He did impress me with how much he actually knew about the major controversial issues that we have today.

My second pick would go to Mike Huckabee. He was also very knowledgeable and seemed that he would be a good president. Plus he's Chuck Norris approved!!! How could he go wrong?

My least two favorite candidates were Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. Though the Ron Paul has the Ron Paul Girl on his side, I do not agree with any of his policies, and the man's appearance scares me. I don't think he would be good president at all. Though Mitt Romney lightened the mood at the end of the debate, it seemed as though he flip flopped on issues and only said things that he thought people wanted to hear. I hate when politicians go around their main beliefs just to get everyone's vote. It seemed as though he was the only republican candidate that had this problem.

If I had the choice, I would vote for Rudy Giuliani because he is probably the most educated of the candidates and may be the only one that will be able to beat Hilary Clinton or any other democratic politician.

No comments: