Monday, October 29, 2007

Open Congress

Blog Assignment: Go to www.opencongress.org and find out about your representative. 1-2 paragraphs on what you learned and it’s impact on you.
Don’t know your member??? Go here http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/


My representative is the Democrat, Bad Sherman. He is 54 years old and is from Los Angeles. He is on his 6th terms as a congressman. I didn't realize how many votes were taken and how many times he voted on issues. He introduced a Bill about Intellectual Property Rights, but it did not get past the House of Representatives vote. He is for the children health care bill introduced by Hilary Clinton.

Surprisingly, his top contributor to his campaigns is from the finance, real estate, and insurance companies. Besides being busy in the House, he is in much of the news and seems to be doing a good job.

I don't think what I've learned about my representative impacts me at all. Though I feel he has done a good job, its not something life altering or shocking. Though he helps pass laws and can help change the country, i feel that my local councilman had done a lot more to contribute to the community.

No comments: