Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Candidate

Talk about who was selected as your ideal candidate. Were you surprised? Does your candidate have a chance of winning? Why or why not?

Rudy Giuliani was selected as my ideal candidate. There were only two issues out of eleven that I did not agree with him on. I agreed with Giuliani about Immigration, Taxes, Stem-Cell Research, Health Care, Abortion, Line-Item Veto, Energy, Marriage, Death Penalty and disagreed on the Iraq War and Social Security.

I was not surprised that Giuliani was the ideal candidate because my family is mainly Republican and influences my beliefs. My candidate does have a chance of winning. Many people favor him because he was the mayor of New York City during the time of September 11th. He may be one of the few Republican candidates that can compete in the polls with Hilary Clinton (or the democratic candidate), though I believe most likely a democratic will be elected into office because of the current president's approval rating and support.

No comments: